TGIF! What a long week I’ve had. Thankfully on this dreary (from the rain moving in) Friday in Georgia, I get to serve something delicious and quick from Gorton’s Seafood for supper.
I Love Gorton’s products and we eat seafood twice a week or more at my house. The main reason I serve it so often is because of my back injuries (it helps control arthritis, inflammation and pain) and there are many other health benefits to it including anti-aging perks. I’ve discovered that what you eat can seriously accelerate or slow down the ageing process. I have been trying to incorporate more anti-aging foods in our diet to help slow the anti-aging. Thankfully some of the foods actually help reverse some forms of anti-aging. When I find the right balance for me you will be the first to know. In the meantime, join me by eating seafood twice a week and turning your ordinary Fridays into Gorton’s Seafood Fisherman’s Fridays. I love being inventive in the kitchen so having a new Friday meal planning invention to look forward to all week is right up my alley.
We also eat it because it’s so delicious. Even the grand-kids love it and think I’m the best Mimi in the world when I fix them anything that has Gorton’s Seafood in it. I want to be the best Mimi in the world. Of course I want to share that equally with their other Mimi’s.
I’m going to share with you two recipes today that I believe you will love out of some of the products you could select if you are one of the three winners in this giveaway. Get ready to droll my dears.
Sizzling Grilled Shrimp Stir Fry
This is one of the most delicious and quick Friday meals you could ever serve.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
16-19 Gorton’s Classic Grilled Shrimp
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
1 Anaheim chile, thinly sliced
1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped (optional)
This sizzling, spicy recipe will have your family gathering around the table and asking for more!
1. Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
2. Sauté Gorton’s Classic Grilled Shrimp for 2 minutes in skillet, stirring constantly, add peppers, onions and sauté for 4 minutes.
3. Combine garlic with shrimp/pepper mixture, continue to sauté until shrimp are pink and opaque, remove from heat, top with cilantro and serve immediately.
Quick, easy and healthy dinner for 2. Viola! Done.
Gorton’s Grilled Salmon Wrap with Fat-Free Tzatziki Sauce
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
A fresh take on the classic Greek gyro. Just add salmon and stuff with your choice of vegetables and some delicious Tzatziki sauce for a light meal you’ll love.
For the Tzatziki sauce:
3 cups fat-free Greek plain yogurt
1 English hothouse cucumber, diced
2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt & pepper to taste
For the wrap:
2 (6.3-oz) package Gorton’s Classic Grilled Salmon Fillets
4 (6-inch) whole wheat pitas
2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
1 medium tomato, chopped
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
1/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese
8 kalamata, pitted and sliced
Recipe developed for Gorton’s by Chef Jon Ashton, executive Chef of Relish Magazine
1. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients for Tzatziki sauce until thoroughly mixed. Sauce may be made up to 2 hours in advance. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
2. Cook Gorton’s Grilled Salmon Fillets according to package instructions. Slice cooked fish into bite size, set aside.
3. Warm pitas in microwave oven. Place one pita on a plate and spread 1/2 cup of the lettuce and sliced salmon on top. Sprinkle each of a little chopped tomato, onion, Feta cheese and olives. Spoon about 3 Tbsp of the tzatziki sauce and fold in edges of pita.
4. Wrap sandwich in parchment paper for serving. Repeat with remaining pitas. Serve immediately.
Now how is that for a healthy and easy meal that you can prepare in 30 minutes? At the end of the week we not only want something fast to prepare but it’s always good to have something healthy & tasty that your entire family will love.
I have sitting on my desk 3 envelopes with 2 FREE coupons in each one for any size any products from Gorton’s Seafood.
To enter to win one of these envelopes of coupons you can do one or more of the following. Please use a different comment for each item completed because each will count as an entry.
2. Follow me on Twitter and leave your Twitter handle in a comment.
3. Like me on facebook and leave your facebook name in a comment.
4. Please add me on Google+ and add me to a circle titled either “Family Friendly” or “Product Reviews and Giveaways“. Leave me your G+ name is a comment.
6. Pin this post to Pinterest with the caption “Gorton’s Seafood Fisherman’s Friday Review and Giveaway on Terri’s Little Haven” and leave me the Pinterest URL in a comment.
7. Vote for me on the fence by clicking on the following button. Please leave the landing page URL in a comment.
8. Please use the facebook share button below to share this giveaway on facebook. Leave me your URL in a comment.
9. Please use the G+ button to share this giveaway on Google +. Leave me your URL in a comment.
10. Please use the Twitter button below to share this giveaway. Leave me the URL.
11. Like the blog post on the below facebook like button. Leave your facebook name in a comment.
12. G+ the blog post on the below G+ button. Leave your Google+ name in a comment.
If you can think of any other ways to add me or share this giveaway (or comment on my reviews or enter giveaways) please do so and leave a comment that you did. I’m really good about giving extra bonus entries when I see others doing way more than I’ve asked. I have the best readers and I truly wish each of you could win each item I post. The best I can do is offer lots of entry options though :/. When I win the lottery that will change hee hee.
The winners will be selected at random on April the 20th.
Be sure to snag some Gorton’s coupons from their website!
I received Gorton’s products to review in exchange for an honest opinion of the products and I was also given items for 3 of my readers to win in a Gorton’s sponsored Giveaway. Thank you Gorton’s.