How to Clean Jewelry At Home?
Frequent cleaning is required for jewelries that are not ordinary or daily wear. Actually cleaning is an extra expense associated with unique jewelry collection. There are many service providers offering jewelry cleaning for a fixed cost rate. The process is simple and easily understandable to do at home. Hence, you can save the additional cleaning cost, a good amount of time and energy. Here we discuss the ways and tips to clean your valuable jewelries at home.
Gold and birthstone
70% Isopropyl alcohol and water for remaining 30% could offer you best results in your effort of cleaning your gold and birthstone jewelries that also include diamonds. Take the mixture in a cup and let the jewelry soak for around 3 hours. Use a small and soft toothbrush and circularly clean the dirt and particles in the jewelry pieces. After this, rinse them using water and let dry. When the jewelries are dried, polish them using lint-less material and keep in a box for next use.
A mixture of ammonia and water is a good solution to clean silver jewelries. Use nail brush or toothbrush to smoothly take out the dirt and oil in the pieces. Rinse them and let dry. Then, polish them with lint-less cloth and put in a box for next use. You can even clean the silver pieces using the Isopropyl alcohol mixture in the same manner as gold. However, remember to desist chlorine during cleaning because chlorine can make a stain in the silver pieces.
You can clean pearl products simply with moist lint-less material. Remove the dirt and residues gently from the pearl products. Using a little drop of olive oil or mineral oil could best restore the opaline shine and glittering. Wipe off the remaining oil from the pieces using lint-less cloth and keep in a box for next use.
Costume jewelry often does not include any valued metals like gold, silver or diamond, most of these products are made using imitated stones such as metal. Hence, you need to use a significantly small amount of water while cleaning these products. You can use moist material having 2 drops of isopropyl alcohol and 2 drops of water and polish it in a buffing manner. Then, use a little water to rinse the pieces and let them dry. After this cleaning, if you take them for next cleaning remember to limit the process just by polishing with a lint-less cloth to take out the dirt, because frequent use of water will cause the products to turn green.
In conclusion, you have to be keen and careful while cleaning jewelry, especially gold and birthstones at home. If you are not confident in doing it at home, you can take the service of a jeweler who provides cleaning services at affordable cost rates. However, cleaning jewelries is very simple and easily understandable if you could apprehend the cleaning idea and solutions being used to clean jewels.