As you get older, skin loses its natural elasticity. Amount of vitamins drops and it becomes saggy, wrinkly and dry. Because of this, makeup process changes drastically. Unlike young women who have liberty to try out different things, older women use makeup in a purely functional way.
But, due to this fact, it also means that you have to be very careful. There is a list of dos’ and don’t when using makeup. In order to get you properly informed, I have made a list of 10 tips that should help you with your skin.
- Try to put makeup without using powder. You can use concealer to cover bags under your eyes or some smaller imperfection but you shouldn’t overdo it. Powder tends to fall into pores and it puts focus on wrinkles instead of hiding them.
- If you still think that you need powder no matter what, choose lighter tones. Powder should be similar to your skin colour. In fact, it is even better if you buy a hydrating cream. Given that you have dry skin, it will provide the necessary hydration.
- Women who plucked their eyebrows when they were young should try eyebrow makeup in form of a powder instead of eyebrow pencil. If your eyebrows are rare, you should try using some more discrete solutions. Pencil will only highlight your eyebrows which are already very thin as it is. Colour can be applied with squared brush so that you can get a softer and more natural appearance of eyebrows. Do not forget to pluck strain hair!
- Avoid using eye shadow that has glitter. Instead of distracting a person, they will only highlight the wrinkles. It is best if you use eyeshadow which is not shiny. Matte shadow will not give good results when it comes to mature skin.
- Use a brush for your eyes and darker powdered eye shadow. Write a thin line as close to eyelashes as possible. The effect will be much lighter and it will lead to a better appearance. You will thank me when you take a look in the mirror.
- Brushes for blush can be too little and too thin. Because of this, you can easily make a mistake while putting makeup. Use a brush for powder as it is much wider. Do not stop with your cheeks but also apply blush on your chin, temple and forehead which will make your entire face look healthier.
- The perfect blush colour is the same colour your cheeks get when they become red. Apply thin layers of colour. This will make your skin look more natural and makeup will last longer.
- If your skin is naturally dry, instead of using blush in powder, make sure to use creamy type. After hydrating cream, apply colour on your cheekbone and rub it in while the skin is still moist.
- Like rest of your body, skin will lose their natural plump appearance. Their edges will lose their definition. Enhance the edges by using a lip pencil.
- Avoid lip pencils that are darker than your natural lipstick as it will make you look tacky. Choose nuances that are according to the colour of your lips. This tone will emphasise your lip contours and prevent lipstick smudges.
With these tips, you are on your way to restoring your youthful appearance. Always remember: make sure to hydrate your skin properly. Most of the problems come from dehydration and exaggeration. Make sure not to overdo it and use colours that are similar to your natural skin tone.
Short bio: Nick Stoyanov is a content writer and strategist for HollywoodMirrors.co.uk – UK based company, established in 2005, that produces and sells mirrors with bulbs that bring Hollywood glamour to your home.